Institut Français Singapour promotes French language and Francophonie in Singapore through various initiatives:
- During the Francophone month in March, IFS invites French writers and organizes performances in French, conferences, and screenings of French films subtitled in English. The IFS and Alliance Française also select a student to take part in the Lab Citoyen, a cultural experience on the subject of human rights;
- Promotion of French authors and publishing professionals;
- Collaboration with the Alliance française, the first Francophonie operator in Singapore. With 4000 students per year, Alliance française organises French language teacher training, offers a media library and Francophone cultural activities throughout the year;
- Support for the Francophone clubs of polytechnic schools and universities, as well as for the French Alumni, an association which brings together former Singaporean students who studied in France;
- In collaboration with French teachers in Singapore, AFPS, the French Apprenticeship Departments of Higher Education, french clubs in Singapore and MOELC;
- Invitation to young Singaporeans to Culture Lab sessions (discovery experiences on various aspects of French culture) and Singaporean experts to the training courses “Courants du Monde” (Currents of the World).
- IFS coordinate Labcitoyen for Singaporean. LabCitoyen is a program dedicated to major issues relating to human rights. In France, it calls on about 50 young committed citizens of ages 20 to 26, those who speak and are learning the French language, to receive training on such issues through a series of lectures and discussions. For about ten days, participants from five continents will come together to give thought to major themes for an exchange of ideas at the international level. On topics such as digital stakes, discrimination, environmental conservation and healthcare rights, LabCitoyen endeavors to deal with the major issues of our time while promoting the French language as a tool for both discussion and action.
- Mon idée pour le français : IFS support and accompanies Singaporeans who want to make proposals.