Applications are now open for the ninth edition of the Fellowship in Paris program organized by the Bureau international de l’édition française with the support of the Centre national du livre and the Société française des intérêts des auteurs de l’écrit. From March 16-22, 2019, the Fellowship will welcome fourteen representatives of foreign publishing houses specializing in literature and the humanities in Paris to participate in “B to B” meetings with French publishers as well as visits to publishing houses and bookstores.
The program also includes several interprofessional roundtable discussions, focusing on the principal concerns of foreign literature and humanities publishers in France and elsewhere.
Deadline : November 23, 2018
Interested candidates should:
– Be available March 16-22, 2019, in Paris
– Preferably be less than 40 years old
– Work as an editorial executive or manager in literature or the humanities, with at least four years of experience in the field
– Demonstrate a real interest in French publishing
– Be able to read texts written in French
– Have a sufficient level of English to take part in meetings and roundtables that will primarily be held in English
Participants’ hotel bills will be paid by BIEF, as well as a per diem (€50 per day). Participants will pay their own travel expenses.
To apply for the program, fill out the application form and send it along with your CV, your company’s approval of the program, a cover letter, and a letter of recommendation to Claire Maguière at firstname.lastname@example.org.