Alliance Française de Singapour is searching for the next big photographic artist. This is an international open call for the 6th France + Singapore Photographic Arts Award (FSPAA), an award that aims to feature French and Singaporean professional artists. Providing a platform to showcase their creative talents to an international audience, this award raises awareness of the experimental and emerging styles of photographic art. It is also organized to promote the exchange of artistic knowledge, experiences and ideas between the artists from France and Singapore.
Applicants are required to propose between 3 to 6 photographs. A judging panel consisting of 4 creative industry professionals will select 10 finalists from the open call proposals. If you are selected to be one of the top 10 finalists, 3 of your artworks will be exhibited at the finalist group exhibition held at Societe Generale Gallery – Alliance française de Singapour from the 9th of September until the 3rd of October 2015. The WINNER of the competition will be announced on the opening night of finalist group exhibition.
The GRAND PRIZE for the WINNER is a SOLO EXHIBITION at Alliance Française de Singapour’s Societe Generale Gallery in 2016!*
* (Note: if the WINNER is a French/Singaporean Artist based outside of Singapore, Alliance Française de Singapour will fund his/her trip to Singapore for their solo exhibition in 2016)
– You have to be a French or Singaporean citizen (including PR) to be eligible to apply.
– Below 40 years old.
– The dimension of the artworks should specifically be 50cm x 70cm (it could either be landscape or portrait)
– The artworks need to be relevant to the theme of the competition (the relevance should be explained in the artist statement)
– The complete proposal (with all the necessary contents included) needs to be submitted before the DEADLINE: 14 August 2015.
For more information, please visit: